This is the General Method Statement of FPI NorthWest Limited
As part of our general working procedures …
- Safety clothing/footwear (PPE) must be worn by FPI staff at all times when on our own and our customer premises
- FPI staff will be expected to wear additional PPE equipment when on specific customer sites. This additional equipment may well relate to such items as safety glasses, ear plugs, high-viz clothing, etc..
- FPI employees will be provided with all relevant PPE equipment
- FPI employees will be expected to maintain their PPE equipment in a safe and working order
With reference to contract ‘x’, all employees of FPI NorthWest Limited will have familiarisation with appropriate rules and regulations of the following legislation:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1997
- Pressure Equipment Regulations 1999
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work (PPE) Regulations 1992
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurences (RIDDOR) Regulations 1995
- The Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 1994
- Environment Agency – Pollution Prevention Guidelines
All FPI NorthWest Limited personnel will be company approved ‘competent persons’.
All FPI NorthWest Limited personnel will be familiar with safe working and lock-off procedures.
Contractor ‘X’ will notify FPI NorthWest Limited if further training or procedures (e.g. site induction) need to be carried out prior to commencement of works.
Whilst on site, FPI NorthWest Limited personnel will …
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of people affected by what they do or do not do.
- Co-operate fully with contractor personnel to comply with health and safety laws.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse anything provided for the purpose of health, safety and welfare.
- Use all machinery, equipment, personal protective equipment, means of production, transport equipment and safety devices in accordance with training and instructions given.
- Inform the contractor of any work situation involving serious or immediate danger to anyone’s health and safety.
- Inform the contractor of any general shortcomings to protect personnel.
- Immediately report any accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses or relevant cases of ill health to the contractor.
- Inform the contractor, where relevant, of any condition affecting the health and ability of anyone to work safely.
- Take note of the contractors health and safety policy and observe its requirements at all times.
- Follow agreed working methods and practices.
- Ensure that employees of FPI NorthWest Limited are aware of the fire and emergency precautions of the site.
- Ensure that work areas are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the working day.
- Laise and co-operate with the contractor and their representatives at all times.
Monitoring and compliance will be carried out by a senior representative of FPI NorthWest Limited.
Enforcement will be carried out by joint representation of the contractor and FPI NorthWest Limited.